[tahoe-dev] tahoe compiles - node will not start

Terrell Russell terrellrussell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 04:20:36 UTC 2010

I jumped in after the 1.7.0 release (congrats!) and pulled the latest
code, recompiled, and tried to relaunch my node.

tahoe stop
darcs pull
make

compiled without complaints, finishes with...

Finished processing dependencies for allmydata-tahoe==1.7.0-r4517
running make_executable
running build
running build_py
copying src/allmydata/_auto_deps.py -> build/lib/allmydata
copying src/allmydata/_version.py -> build/lib/allmydata
touch .built

then ...

[12:16:23:trel:~/Desktop/tahoestuff/tahoefromdarcs] tahoe start
STARTING /Users/trel/.tahoe

Failed to load application: StdioOnnaStick instance has no attribute
'encoding'
client node probably not started

I found no prior reference to StdioOnnaStick in Trac - so I write here
before creating a ticket.

Thoughts?

Terrell