[tahoe-dev] n00b build problems on freebsd

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Jun 24 15:57:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Francois Deppierraz
<francois at ctrlaltdel.ch> wrote:
> On 06/24/2010 07:27 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
>
>> src/libtom/tomcrypt_pk.h:502: error: conflicting types for 'wchar_t'
> Looks like a bug in pycrypto.

Namely bug #518852:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/pycrypto/+bug/518852

If someone run a buildslave on a reliable FreeBSD machine then we can
set up the buildbot to automatically ensure that we haven't committed
any patch which breaks Tahoe-LAFS on FreeBSD and that the dependencies
such as PyCrypto work on FreeBSD. This requires a volunteer to operate
the buildslave and occasionally help us debug FreeBSD-specific issues.
Here's how to get started:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/HowtoContributeABuildbot