[tahoe-dev] n00b build problems on freebsd

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Jun 24 17:12:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> Running pycryptopp-0.5.19/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-urIgya/pycryptopp-0.5.19/egg-dist-tmp-iFnphj
> In file included from cryptopp/rijndael.cpp:78:
> /usr/include/malloc.h:3:2: error: #error "<malloc.h> has been replaced by <stdlib.h>"

Okay, this is a previously-unknown issue in pycryptopp. The previous
problem you reported was in PyCrypto, which is maintained by someone
else and it isn't clear to me how we can make sure that it is working
on FreeBSD. This problem is in pycryptopp, which we maintain, and we
have a process for ensuring that it continues to work on FreeBSD after
we fix it. However, this process involves a volunteer running a
buildslave on FreeBSD for us.

Anyway, the next step for you is probably to edit
cryptopp/rijndael.cpp line 78 and replace <malloc.h> with <stdlib.h>.
:-)

Please let us know if that works!

I've created http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/pycryptopp/ticket/39 (compile
failure on FreeBSD due to malloc.h header moved).