[tahoe-dev] Building on Windows

slush slush at centrum.cz
Sat Jun 26 21:54:07 UTC 2010

Hello,

Im trying "python setup.py build", "python setup.py build -c mingw32"
etc. on Windows Vista now. Both Cygwin and Mingw32 are installed
properly. What Im doing wrong?

raise DistutilsError("Setup script exited with %s" % (v.args[0],))
distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Setup script exited with error:
Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

I have built Tahoe 1.7b before few weeks succesfully on my personal
machine with Windows7. But there are many other libraries as Im
developer (except VS2003). This Vista box is end-user machine and I
followed install instructions step-by-step.

By the way - is compiled Windows installer anywhere? I think most of
users are not skilled enough to compile their own one (like me on this
PC ;-) ).

Thanks,
Marek