[tahoe-dev] 1.6.0 When storing shares (from another machine), Python consumes --> 100% of local (storage node) CPU

Jody Harris havoc at harrisdev.com
Sat Mar 6 20:55:44 UTC 2010

My remote server is storing a "largish" file. On my notebook computer
(running 1.6.0) Python is consuming --> 100% CPU (of one processor). My
desktop computer (running 1.5.0) is not showing the same symptoms at this
time.

I attempted to run backups against the Volunteer grid for a week, and
experienced failures every night. One file or another (often several files)
would just stall completely. I switched back to the "private" grid I've been
using.

jody
----
- Think carefully.
- Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
- Credo ut intelligam - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)