[tahoe-dev] capsule report about Tahoe-LAFS at RSA conference last week

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:21:23 UTC 2010

Folks:

It is too late at night for me to actually write a real report, but
suffice it to say that the presentation went well (with Jacob
Appelbaum playing the role of an attacker -- during our demo he
slipped out of the audience and crept up to the console of our server
and starting corrupting and deleting our files while we were trying to
demo Tahoe-LAFS). Lots of people were interested in Tahoe-LAFS
including a couple of National Security Agency people (who gave
implausible names and employers and tried to avoid divulging that they
work for NSA), a Greenpeace operations person, noted cryptographer
Philip Rogaway, the Wikimedia foundation (who are investigating using
Tahoe-LAFS to serve media files linked to Wikipedia), and a few random
hackers and cypherpunks (who are busily working on packaging
Tahoe-LAFS for Debian and supporting Tahoe-LAFS-over-Tor).

It was a real pleasure seeing Brian in Real Life again and syncing up
on our plans for Tahoe-LAFS v1.7 and v2.

More later!