[tahoe-dev] Google Summer of Code 2010 -- Ideas Needed!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 06:13:08 UTC 2010

Sure, I think Redundant Array of Inexpensive (/Independent) Clouds is
a great project idea. We should write up some summary of it.

Any more ideas?  I imagine that there are some interesting things that
people could do in the space of "building on top of Tahoe-LAFS" or
"improved user interfaces" or the like. My blog which is
TiddlyWiki-on-Tahoe-LAFS
(http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:j74uhg25nwdpjpacl6rkat2yhm:kav7ijeft5h7r7rxdp5bgtlt3viv32yabqajkrdykozia5544jqa/wiki.html
) seems really klunky and limited. I can't give people the ability to
add comments to my blog. It doesn't have a database where I can add
items like "things I read" and have various views on those items
appear in various contexts. Maybe someone could write software in
Javascript or Caja which is really designed to leverage Tahoe-LAFS's
features.