[tahoe-dev] Giving away the farm (was Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 -- Ideas Needed!)

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 04:32:31 UTC 2010

This is a deeply important conversation. I'm really glad that it has
come up. I don't have time to write a complete letter on this topic
right now, but I had to jump in to make one point:

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy at goop.org> wrote:

> I have no idea how to address this.  The problem is fundamental to a capability system, so the question is: how to mitigate it?

No! This is a widespread myth. The problem is fundamental to a
*sharing* system. A capability system that makes sharing very hard
would not have this problem, and a non-capability system that makes
sharing very easy would have this problem.

> (I also love that this cap has "touch[é]" in it.)

Hee hee!