[tahoe-dev] Giving away the farm (was Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 -- Ideas Needed!)

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 03:57:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:

> A better frontend, potentially written in JS and served via tahoe's
> public_html/ feature, would not show filecaps in the URL bar or
> encourage cutting caps out of the HTML page.

Please do look at tiddly_over_tahoe (the tool that runs my klog). Just
click here:

http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI%3ADIR2%3Alq5unk3sdmwqckzey573b35paa%3Azshb54dvy4jmpdxjlptn6ttm4m7awi7xf7hqtwmvjriy6ryeb7ya/wiki.html

Then read the "access control" label at the top of the page, then mess
with it and see if it makes sense to you. (Oh, and turn on Javascript.
Have you ever turned on Javascript and seen tiddly_over_tahoe?)

I'm not saying that this solution is perfect (indeed, I have proof
that it is not, as I have already once shared write access when I
meant to share read access since I developed this), but it is a
partial solution and it is notable because it has already endured use
by a dumb user -- I've been using it daily for months (for my blog:
http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:j74uhg25nwdpjpacl6rkat2yhm:kav7ijeft5h7r7rxdp5bgtlt3viv32yabqajkrdykozia5544jqa/wiki.html
).