[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS client for jailbroken iPhone

Marco Bonetti marco.bonetti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:43:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that the binary either fails to load needed xibs
I got this too, well, almost. The problem here is that xibs have to be
compiled before shipping them: simply copying them over to the
application folder is not enough and the linux toolchain is not able
to compile .xib files.

So, what can be done?
The cleanest path would be that of getting rid of the xib and code the
UI by hand, there's even an open source tool for translating xibs to
obj-c code, I think it will be worth a look:
http://github.com/akosma/nib2objc unfortunately looks like this tool
needs OS X too :|
Another solution would be that of providing compiled xib, this is
messy but could be useful for a quick test. This solution will
probably requires a developer certificate, although I think that those
instructions http://www.alexwhittemore.com/?p=354 could be handy.

Any other ideas, anyone?

--
Marco Bonetti