[tahoe-dev] buildbot herding report

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Tue May 4 04:49:44 UTC 2010

Folks:

We did a lot of work last weekend on our buildbot herd. Check out our
shiny new corrals full of healthy and well-fed buildbots!

http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot
http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot-zfec
http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot-pycryptopp

Quite a few of the buildbots were long since dead and I just dragged
their carcasses out of the corral. You can see the roll call of former
glory at the end of this note.

Quite a few more are sick and have been segregated from the others. I
put the unreliable ones into three categories. Formerly they were all
called "Unsupported". Now they are:

unsupported platform -- Ruben's Fedora, Ludo's NixOS, Ben's OpenBSD/sparc64
flakey buildslave -- too many to list (two of which are mine)
too new -- FreeStorm's WinXP-py26, Soultcer's Win7-64-py26

That last category is exciting! We have two new builders which will
hopefully prove their reliability and then level up into Supported
Platforms. Thanks to FreeStorm and Soultcer!

I moved the clean, tarballs, figleaf, and pyflakes-line-count jobs to
Kyle's OpenBSD buildslave because it is the fastest among the stable
and supported buildslaves.

the roll call of former glory:

 * the old Windows buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * BlackDew's Windows mingw32 buildslave
 * Zooko's Nexenta server (machine dead—hopefully to be revived)
 * Zooko's Linux workstation (machine dead—hopefully to be revived)
 * the old Ubuntu Gutsy buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * Mac OS X "faust" (mac mini under Brian's TV)
 * Neju's osx-10.6_py2.6
 * Marcus's osx-10.5_py2.5
 * Soultcer's lenny-amd64
 * BlackDew's Debian
 * the old edgy buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * the old feisty buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * the old gutsy buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * the old hardy buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * the old hardy-python2.6 buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * the old cygwin buildslave that was run by allmydata.com
 * the old Mac OS X leopard buildslave that was run by allmydata.com