[tahoe-dev] An additional bounty for an SFTP interface (Was: barriers to using tahoe)

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue May 11 23:17:42 UTC 2010

[Sorry about the 60+ day turnaround time; I didn't notice this reply
to the thread until Zooko pointed it out in the latest message to the
list]

I cannot speak for any other bounty offerers, obviously.

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 04:02:43AM +0000, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:

> I'm interested in working on improvements to the SFTP implementation,
> and would like some clarification on the total bounty that would be
> available for the following.
>
>  - add support for:
>    - opening a file in all valid modes, including read/write.
>      (This is needed to make FUSE access via sshfs work for more
>      applications.)
>    - getting file attributes.
>    - mutable files (currently, the SFTP implementation can only
>      read and write immutable Tahoe files).

The above would suffice to meet my qualifications. Latency reduction
tricks would be really nice, but my goal in offering the bounty was in
the hopes of merely getting something that just plain works.

Having some unit tests would help make sure SFTP doesn't rot in the
future, which is certainly highly desirable, but full test coverage is
not necessary (as far as my awarding the bounty is concererned,
anyway; Zooko may have different ideas on this).

-Jack