[tahoe-dev] Progress on SFTP for v1.7

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed May 12 18:00:56 UTC 2010

On 5/12/10 8:31 AM, Francois Deppierraz wrote:

> However, I had no luck in writing immutable files. The process was
> simply hanging and no activity was visible on the node status page. A
> detailed log recovered using 'flogtool tail' during the upload is
> attached to this mail.

Huh, I see no evidence of even an attempt to upload a file in that log.
I haven't tried or examined David-Sarah's patch yet.. does it do any
logging of SFTP events? We should probably add some (at least one
level=log.OPERATIONAL event for each sftp-client -initiated command).
The SFTP server code probably hit an error before it told the Client to
do the upload, maybe in gathering the file contents from the sftp
client. Also check logs/twistd.log: it may collect exceptions that
aren't otherwise logged in the flogfile.

Could you also test creating a mutable file (in the WUI) and then
browsing that directory from the SFTP client? That's a case that fails
for me in the trunk (pre-patched) sftp server.