[tahoe-dev] Introducing pubgrid, the new high-throughput public storage grid

David Triendl david at triendl.name
Thu May 13 16:39:10 UTC 2010

Dear everyone,

let me introduce to you the new, public, dependency-hosting and
testing-usable  storage grid, or short, pubgrid. I already set up the
first node, but I hope we can get some more nodes.

Here's the details:
Introducer furl:
pb://tin57bdenwkigkujmh6rwgztcoh7ya7t@pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org:50528/introducer
Introducer webpage: http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org/introducer/
Public WAPI: http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org/

Keep in mind that anyone can join the grid and anyone can store data
on it, so please turn on garbage collection and if you store data, run
add-lease regularly! Also, if you join, please make sure that your
node has a decent upload capacity, so that when 1.7 is released,
downloads can be served from the pubgrid.

While I am currently running the introducer and public node, in case
of emergency Zooko has control over the domain name tahoe-lafs.org and
I sent the necessary files to move the introducer to Zooko, Brian,
David-Sarah and François.

Cheers,
David