[tahoe-dev] v1.7 progress report (beta release on Thursday^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HFriday!)

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Fri May 14 06:04:52 UTC 2010

Folks:

We're not *quite* ready for the beta release right now and I need to
get some sleep before doing a full day of work tomorrow. Here's where
we stand:

 * Servers of happiness is fully implemented, has full unit tests, is
reviewed, and has just now been committed to trunk! Thanks a lot to
the contributors, especially Kevan!

 * Character encoding handling is off to a good start but will need a
couple more rounds of adding unit tests and polishing before it is
ready to be committed to trunk -- we're rescheduling character
encoding handling to v1.8.

 * SFTP is fully implemented, has full unit tests, has had a few
real-world manual tests (thanks, folks!), but it hasn't been reviewed
yet so it is not yet in trunk. I hope to review it tomorrow (anyone
else is welcome to beat me to it!). Thanks a lot to David-Sarah! If
anyone out there wants to try combining Tahoe-LAFS+SFTP+sshfs in order
to get a working Tahoe-LAFS-in-FUSE I would love to hear their report.
(Get David-Sarah's SFTP patches with "darcs get --lazy
http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/ticket1037".)

 * There are some packaging and documentation improvements which are
expected to go into v1.7 final, but we can finish those after we've
announced v1.7 beta (hopefully tomorrow night).