[tahoe-dev] status of v1.8.1 -- please adopt an operating system

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sat Nov 20 01:20:17 UTC 2010

"Paul Grunwald" <pgrunwald at comcast.net> writes:

> Greg,  do you think this would work:
> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/platforms.html#interix
>
> I'm installing SUA under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit right now just for grins.
>
> http://www.suacommunity.com/SUA.aspx
>
> I really don't want to play the whole Debian under windows VM to back up my
> system.  It seems too fragile.

I don't know; basically interix is from the pkgsrc viewpoint a difficult
platform, compared to *BSD, GNU/Linux, Solaris and even AIX and IRIX.
But you might as well try, and my guess is that if python works then the
rest will be ok.

If you have trouble, I won't really be able to help, but if you have
fixes to patches to build under interix I'm happy to evaluate committing
them.

I would think the native python build on windows would be easier, but
then I don't use Windows at all.