[tahoe-dev] let's hack on Tahoe-LAFS v1.8.1 this weekend!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sat Nov 20 07:44:54 UTC 2010

Dear Tahoe-LAFS Developers and Users:

We committed a couple more bugfixes (along with tests of course) to
trunk. The Supported Builders view on the buildbot is now a satisfying
shade of pure, unblemished green:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot/

You can follow all the details of what we have done on the trac:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/timeline

We have one outstanding issue which is a regression from 1.8.0 and has
a patch (thanks to Brian) but doesn't yet have a test: #1262.

As always you can see the complete set of open tickets on The Roadmap:
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/roadmap

On the packaging front, thanks to everyone who contributed binary
packages for various platforms! You can see the currently available
set of binary packages here:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/deps/tahoe-dep-eggs/README.html

Any row in that table which has every cell filled in is a platform on
which people can run Tahoe-LAFS without having a compiler or
development libraries (following quickstart.html [2]). As you can see,
we still need a few more packages in order to make it runnable on more
platforms. (Please focus on Python 2.6 since that's what
quickstart.html recommends.)

On the real-world beta testing front, thanks to everyone who tried out
the 1.8.1 release candidate and reported back to the list! I'm
currently operating on the assumption that the weird slowdown that
François observed [3] is not a regression and/or not a critical issue
for our current users. If you are concerned about that then please
experiment on your system and write back to the list as soon as
possible.

Other than that, I didn't hear any feedback that we need to address
before releasing 1.8.1. If you tried to tell me about an urgent
problem and I didn't understand then please try again. :-)

Please join us this weekend (IRC, mailing list, trac) and see if we
can finish up v1.8.1. :-)

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1262# 'tahoe start -m' no
longer works

[1] http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=1.8.1