[tahoe-dev] Any project related to network security in Tahoe LAFS project

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Sat Oct 9 22:52:00 UTC 2010

Rahul Golwalkar wrote:
> Hello Zooko,
>     As a part of our curriculum we are supposed to contribute towards an
> open source project. So, can anyone suggest a Network Security  project
> available in Tahoe-LAFS which requires attention.

Here are all of the open security-related tickets on our bug tracker:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?status=!closed&keywords=~integrity&keywords=~confidentiality&keywords=~capleak&keywords=~privacy&keywords=~rollback&keywords=~security&order=priority

(Sorry about the length of that URL. It's the first "combined query" if
you click View Tickets on the Trac.)

I don't know where your expertise lies or how much time you have for your
project. The tickets listed by that query range from very easy, to issues
that might require significant design changes. I would suggest starting with
one of the tickets that involves beefing up tests (e.g. #406) or adding
additional verification (e.g. #723), in order to get more familiar with the
code.