[tahoe-dev] making Tahoe nicer to hack on

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Oct 18 11:50:27 UTC 2010

Wow, i will have to digest all that.

As a packaging ranter, I'll say that depending on 10 py-foo packages is
not a big hassle as long as:

  most of those don't update constantly, and when they do the changes
  are minor (API/ABI compat, not a lot of churn in installed file
  organization)

  We don't require a bleeding edge version, so if they do publish a
  point release every month, it's fairly infrequent that one is forced
  to update them in order to build.

For pkgsrc, now that tahoe is packaged, then to build from git I can
just install tahoe, then uninstall it leaving the deps.  (From darcs,
above plus make ghc work and then make darcs work and then learn darcs
:-).