[tahoe-dev] Installation "hangs" at Trac

Siddhartha Kasivajhula skasivaj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 02:15:19 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to build Tahoe on my Mac OSX laptop. I followed the instructions
on the quickstart page, but when I run:

$ python setup.py build

I get the following output:
<full output truncated>
Installed
/Users/siddhartha/work/tahoe/allmydata-tahoe-1.8.0/support/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Nevow-0.10.0-py2.6.egg
Searching for foolscap[secure_connections]>=0.5.1
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/foolscap/
Reading http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac

...and then it just gets stuck here. It's been at this step for about 30
minutes now with no developments. I went to foolscap.lothar.com to see if
the site was down, and indeed, although the index page loads, the link
foolscap.lothar.com/trac (linked from the homepage, even) does not load.

Is there another source for "Trac"? What can I do to get this to work? Help
will be appreciated!

Thanks,
-Sid