[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #1243: provide binary .egg's of Twisted for all supported platforms and versions of Python

tahoe-lafs trac at tahoe-lafs.org
Sun Oct 31 18:39:32 UTC 2010

#1243: provide binary .egg's of Twisted for all supported platforms and versions
of Python
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko     |           Owner:  nobody
     Type:  defect    |          Status:  new
 If we want people to be able to follow [http://tahoe-lafs.org/source
 /tahoe-lafs/trunk/docs/quickstart.html quickstart.html] even when they
 don't have a C compiler, then we have to upload bdist_egg's of Twisted for
 all supported platforms and versions of Python to [http://tahoe-
 lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/deps/tahoe-lafs-dep-eggs/ our dep eggs repo].

 (Note: if [http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3586 twisted #3586] were
 fixed then people wouldn't need a C compiler, could install Twisted as a
 pure-Python package, and we wouldn't need to do this.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1243>
tahoe-lafs <http://tahoe-lafs.org>