[tahoe-dev] 1.8.0 progress report

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Sep 8 16:02:20 UTC 2010

On 9/7/10 6:29 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I built 1.8.0c3 on netbsd-5/i386 (via an updated pkgsrc entry not yet
> committed) and it seems to work.  'tahoe check --raw' feels faster than
> the previous beta and 1.7.1.
>
> tahoe manifest seems to work reasonably quickly.

Hrm, if your directories are mutable, then neither of those should run
any faster than 1.7.1 . The mutable-file code hasn't changed, and the
immutable check/repair code hasn't changed.

OTOH, if your directories are immutable, then the reduced per-file
latency will make recursive operations (deep-check and manifest, but not
single-file check) a lot faster, since the recursion requires
downloading each directory.

But hey, I'm happy with anything other than regressions :)