[tahoe-dev] ANNOUNCING Tahoe, the Least-Authority File System, v1.8.0c4

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Sun Sep 12 22:48:23 UTC 2010

Greg Troxel wrote:
>   ANNOUNCING Tahoe, the Least-Authority File System, v1.8.0c4
>
> Works on on netbsd-5, i386, python 2.6.5.  (where works means no
> regressions; I have a bunch of things to file tickets on about repair
> behavior in unstable grids)
>
> I had run a previous version of ticket798 and had to change the
> tahoe-client.tac file back to allmydata-tahoe.  suggestion: don't change
> the module names based on branches etc, unless it's intended to force a
> client reinit.

Yes, we didn't realize that changing the appname would cause an
incompatibility until we tried it on that branch
(http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1159).

It won't be changed again unless we can do it in a way
that is compatible with existing .tac files, or that avoids using
those .tac files.