[tahoe-dev] wiki gardening needed Re: darcs patch: modified quickstart.html to note dependency on python-...

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Sep 23 22:37:16 UTC 2010

"Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zooko at zooko.com> writes:

> pycryptopp-0.5.19 had some bugs in the included copy of the Crypto++
> source code, which bugs were also present in Crypto++ v5.6.0 and are
> fixed in Crypto++ v5.6.1.

ok, don't wnat to deal with those, and upgrading is fine.

> Therefore Tahoe-LAFS will refuse to build or will attempt to download
> a new version of pycryptopp at build time if the version of pycryptopp
> that it finds is v0.5.19.

OK, but 1.8.0c4 doesn't seem to do this.

> So I think it would be best if you could update the pkgsrc build of
> pycryptopp to the latest release (pycryptopp v0.5.25). Would that
> work?

For reasons that are not 100% clear to me, the pkgsrc build uses the
included c files.

Sure, that's fine - but I missed the announcement here that the version
needed for tahoe had increased.

Trying to do upgrade, there's a new file (which is fine) but in an
apparently unreasonable place:

=> Checking file-check results for py26-cryptopp-0.5.25nb2
ERROR: The following files are in /usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
ERROR:         /usr/ANONCVS/pkgsrc/security/py-cryptopp/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/cryptopp/extraversion.h
*** Error code 1

Where is it supposed to be?  Surely not
${prefix}/cryptopp/extraversion.h, which violates hier(7) on BSD and
surely the equivalent on GNU/Linux.

(sorry, I don't really get python packaging)