[tahoe-dev] what if nodes failed during upload?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Wed Sep 29 05:06:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:40 AM, slush <slush at centrum.cz> wrote:

> What happen, when some nodes agree to retrieve my shares, then share upload
> fails (nodes go offline, for example) and there is no more available space
> on grid?

I'm not 100% sure what your question is, but I think the answer
*ought* to be somewhere in here:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/architecture.txt
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/specifications/servers-of-happiness.txt

If it is not, please tell us what information is missing.

> I'm asking because upload operation of webapi (PUT) finish when it push file
> to my local node and node make agreement with nodes about shares (right?),
> but there is no information channel how to ask my node on progress of
> uploading file to grid. I will be happy if I'm wrong at this point.

Happily, you are wrong on this point! The PUT doesn't finish until the
local node has finished uploading all of the shares to all of the
storage servers, and you can learn about the progress from the "Recent
Uploads and Downloads" page on the WUI.

> P.S. Sorry again for my lame English.

No need to apologize! Thank you for joining us.