[tahoe-dev] notice: discontinuing support for old-style configuration files

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Fri Apr 1 19:41:10 UTC 2011

If you created a Tahoe-LAFS node before v1.3.0 (released 2009-02-13
according to The Parade Of Release Notes [1]), then you should be
aware that we're planning to discontinue support for old-style
configuration files in the next major release of Tahoe-LAFS and you'll
have to manually update your configuration files to the new format.
See #1385 for details.

I assume there is nobody still using old-style configuration files,
and if there is the instructions on the ticket should be clear, but in
any case feel free to ask for clarification.

The next major release of Tahoe-LAFS will emit a warning message if
old-style configuration files are detected.

[1] http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/Doc#TheParadeofReleaseNotes

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1385# stop respecting the
pre-v1.3.0 configuration files