[tahoe-dev] Debian packages?

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Wed Apr 20 12:44:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 08:31:49AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> As for the script to start nodes, I think it belongs in tahoe proper,
> not contrib, reading a config file in $etcdir (in autoconf speak), and
> written portably.   I don't know how that fits with how Debian wants to
> let users change config files, but it would be similar to many other
> things.

Users should be able to start modify tahoe nodes configured as usual in their
~/.tahoe/, but I'm not sure this nodes should be started by the system
init. What if one of this user put a malicious configuration? Init scripts
are usually ran by root, this might be quite unsafe.

This part of the packaging concerns mostly the system-wide node,
administrated by priviledged users, typically admins of the machine IMHO.

bert.