[tahoe-dev] Hello again, Pubgrid Re: Goodbye Pubgrid

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sun Aug 7 06:30:03 UTC 2011

Folks:

I realized that I hadn't downloaded the most recent version of my blog
from pubgrid (a.k.a. testgrid). The copy of my blog that I have on my
laptop is older and lacks some of my more recent entries.

Also, I'm curious about experimenting with ways to make testgrid
accessible to people who are curious about tahoe-lafs and want to see
how it works, while not making it attractive to people who want to
host controversial or problematic files.

So for the next step in this experiment, I've set up the testgrid
introducer again, but not a gateway. With the introducer (if enough
testgrid servers are still running) I can regain access to my blog.
Also, people who want to try tahoe-lafs out can go ahead and download
it [1], put in the furl of the introducer, and then gain access to the
testgrid.

Now the question is: how can we put back up a public gateway so that
people can see how it works *without* first downloading it, while
deterring other people from using it for hosting problematic files?
Suggestions welcome.

P.S. If you ran a testgrid storage server, please turn it back on! It
might have a share of my blog on it. :-)

[1] http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/quickstart.rst?rev=5049