[tahoe-dev] Hello again, Pubgrid Re: Goodbye Pubgrid

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Sun Aug 7 14:44:02 UTC 2011

On Aug 6, 2011, at 23:30, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:

> Now the question is: how can we put back up a public gateway so that
> people can see how it works *without* first downloading it, while
> deterring other people from using it for hosting problematic files?
> Suggestions welcome.

How about a demonstration grid with an extremely short lease expiration on all storage servers?

The question then is whether there is a period long enough to experiment with, but short enough that it seems impractical to host problematic files (due to the need to stay in contact renewing the lease).

Hm. Perhaps a not-so-short lease expiration but *refuse to allow renewals*: all files are guaranteed to disappear a certain time after uploading.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>