[tahoe-dev] planning a 1.9.1 release

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Dec 28 22:34:42 UTC 2011

Just a heads up, I'm thinking about making a 1.9.1 release in the near
future, maybe in a week or two. The main driver is #1628, a serious
problem with MDMF publish/repair which could hurt file reliability in
certain circumstances (like when there's been server churn). There's
also a test failure that hints at a problem when the current version of
Foolscap is combined with the recently-released Twisted-11.1 (which
might not affect normal operation, but might provoke a new Foolscap
release).

The other driver is the upcoming Ubuntu LTS freeze: it'd be nice to get
this fix into that release.

The other changes that have gone onto trunk since 1.9.0 are fairly
small: the download-status timeline visualizer was rewritten, the WUI
got a favicon, openbsd5 support was added, PyCrypto 2.4 was blacklisted,
and some internal refactoring took place. So I think we're safe basing
1.9.1 off of current trunk instead of deriving it from 1.9.0 .

Keep an eye on the 1.9.1 Trac Milestone for details and progress.