[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS is widely misunderstood

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Feb 2 01:36:16 UTC 2011

After looking at your Octavio page, I think your simplifications
relative to tahoe can be divided into several groups

  no erasure coding; just replication.   This gives up some performance,
  but seems like a reasonable tradeoff for many.

  Removal of CLI and WUI, and using only FUSE.  This is the aspeect I'm
  most in favor of.

  Removal of introducer; presumably each client has to be configured
  with all servers; I'm not sure this is a win.

  You don't explain how you're dealing with repair, leases and garbage
  collection, or why you don't need them.