[tahoe-dev] administrative note: no more trac email on tahoe-dev

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sat Feb 5 23:52:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM, David-Sarah Hopwood
<david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:

> Can the moderation be set to post to tahoe-dev whenever a comment contains
> the string "[tahoe-dev]" (and for all openings of new tickets)?

I spent a few minutes looking into this just now. There are two points
of control: the GNU mailman config and the trac config.

In the mailman config, it looks like we can do whatever we want based
on regexes matched against headers, so if we can get sufficient
information included in the headers that will work. However with the
default trac setup the question of whether "[tahoe-dev]" appears in
the ticket comment will not be reflected in the headers.

The trac config is documented here:

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracNotification

It looks like there is a complex templating system by which we might
be able to get what we want.

However, I'm personally tired of working on this sort of
administrative stuff, so if someone else wants to investigate what it
takes to make certain trac posts reach the mailing lists, that would
be appreciated.

I could (or someone could) manually moderate the messages which do get
sent and discard the ones that just say "someone removed tahoe-dev
from the Cc: line", and then we could use manually adding/removing Cc:
tahoe-dev.