[tahoe-dev] VolunteerGrid2 desperately needs a "safe gateway"

Jody Harris jharris at harrisdev.com
Mon Feb 7 20:41:59 UTC 2011

I know that this has been brought up before, and I know that I've discussed
it as well as posted a ticket on it before, but as a user of VolunteerGrid2,
I'm asking again for a "safe web gateway."

At this point, we have two web-facing "gateways" (WUI interfaces), but we
have been forced to wrap them behind proxies in order to keep our introducer
furl secret. As it stands, there is no way that I can share a capability
with anyone outside of the VolunteerGrid2 community. This severely limits
the usefulness of Tahoe and our grid.

Forcing us to wrap our gateways in proxies is somewhat akin to having to
purchase anti-malware software because you run an insecure operating system.

jody
----
- Think carefully.