[tahoe-dev] Debian packages?

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:57:36 UTC 2011

Hi Erich,

Welcome to the list.

Tahoe is more or less installable in debian. Check out the (probably
outdated) documentation on how to do this :
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/DownloadDebianPackages

There is an ITP (intend to package) in debian
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=544338 (to make it an
official package). On trac, you can find a few tickets about debian
packaging (there are some dependencies missing packages as you can see
at the bottom of the ITP there seems to be only one left).

The debian packages are generated by some buildbot clients, see links
from http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/OSPackages or check
out the debian link in http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot/ and then added
automatically to the repositories. But the missing dependencies make
them incomplete.

Updating the documentation on the wiki, having extra buildbots for
other architectures/squeeze/sid/etc, packaging the missing
dependencies or getting it into debian would be the way forward.

Arthur - another FreedomBox/Debian fan