[tahoe-dev] pubgrid share size distribution

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Feb 23 18:21:40 UTC 2011

On 2/23/11 9:54 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> In particular, I'm finding lots of shares that fit this find command,
> more than I would expect:
>
>   find shares -type f -size +10324 -size -10346

Hmm. If you run 'tahoe debug dump-share' against one of those, you
should see the original filesize (before being split up for encoding). I
wonder if there's some stereotypical file type that result in some
unique file size, and somebody's uploading a bazillion files of the same
type.

Also, 'tahoe debug catalog-shares' will print one line per share, and
includes the original filesize in each.. you can probably sort and bin
the output of that to help with this sort of analysis.