[tahoe-dev] Question about one-node network

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Thu Jan 6 03:25:42 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-05 08:36, Michael Coppola wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Thanks for your advice.  I think I'll just download all my files off the
> existing node and start the network from scratch again - this time with
> more nodes and a proper configuration.
>
> Is there a command that can be used to grab all the files from a
> Tahoe-LAFS network? (or least a given directory?)

tahoe cp -r FROM TO

This will only copy files recursively from under a given directory.
It won't copy any files outside that directory tree, because you haven't
specified the caps for those in the command, so that would be a violation
of the security model.

> I have.. quite a few files.  I will use the FTP interface in the mean time,
> but it seems like the FTPd can be a bit flaky at times.

How so?

(See
<http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?status=!closed&keywords=~ftpd&type=defect>
for known bugs in the FTP frontend.)