[tahoe-dev] call for volunteers for volunteergrid2

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Jan 12 13:56:48 UTC 2011

"Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zooko at zooko.com> writes:

>> [grid with servers coming and going

> I would be happy to learn the results of this experiment. People may
> need to use higher expansion factors (larger N and/or smaller K), or
> just to get used to their files being unavailable some of the time,
> depending on the pattern of how many of their fellows's laptops are
> open or closed. :-)

I've filed a few tickets that will need to be fixed first.  The pubgrid
is kind of like this setup...

  repair by placing missing shares and not bumping seq

  when there are old seq shares, repair by removing them and not bumping
  seq

then we'll need

  more clarity on NAT traversal

  how to renew leases on only someshares when there are 4 copies of
  seqN-9 from the above

FWIW, so far I'm heading for a private (invitation-only to people I
already know) grid with a constitution like volunteergrid2.