[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #1310: If --node-url is present then --node-directory is mostly but not entirely ignored. (was: backupdb.sqlite (and all other state in ~/.tahoe?) should be scoped to the --node-url option if it is present)

tahoe-lafs trac at tahoe-lafs.org
Sat Jan 15 17:46:24 UTC 2011

#1310: If --node-url is present then --node-directory is mostly but not entirely
ignored.
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
     Reporter:  zooko              |       Owner:  warner
         Type:  defect             |      Status:  reopened
    Component:  code-frontend-cli  |     Version:  1.8.1
   Resolution:                     |    Keywords:  usability
Launchpad Bug:                     |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Changes (by zooko):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  duplicate =>

Comment:

 I'm not sure that I agree that this is just a duplicate of #977 (backupdb
 should store which grid it is scoped to). What about the parts of
 {{{~/.tahoe}}} which don't have to do with backup at all? It is still
 confusing that the command

 {{{tahoe put --node-url=http://127.0.0.1:3456 --node-directory=~/.tahoe-
 volunteergrid MYFILE}}}

 will not use any of your configuration from your {{{~/.tahoe-
 volunteergrid}}} directory and indeed may not touch the grid you call
 "volunteergrid" at all.

--
Ticket URL: <http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1310#comment:2>
tahoe-lafs <http://tahoe-lafs.org>