[tahoe-dev] release progress: b1 tarball available

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Jan 26 06:29:55 UTC 2011

I've just pushed the 1.8.2b1 tag for the first beta snapshot, including
an updated NEWS file but not yet updating the release notes. We're
having some problems with the automatic tarball builder (#1335), but
I've just manually copied a .tar.bz2 and .zip up to the web site:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/tarballs/allmydata-tahoe-1.8.2b1.tar.bz2
http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/tarballs/allmydata-tahoe-1.8.2b1.zip

Please download a copy of the beta tarball and try to build it. I'm
especially interested in hearing about experiences on windows! Also,
once you've installed it (or done whatever sort of thing you usually
do), try running "tahoe debug trial", which ought to run Tahoe's test
suite even after you've installed it. Let us know how it works!

We're still on track for a release on the 30th.

Test away!