[tahoe-dev] release progress: b1 tarball available

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:22:09 UTC 2011

Hi Brian,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:
> I've just pushed the 1.8.2b1 tag for the first beta snapshot, including
> an updated NEWS file but not yet updating the release notes. We're
> having some problems with the automatic tarball builder (#1335), but
> I've just manually copied a .tar.bz2 and .zip up to the web site:
>

> http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/tarballs/allmydata-tahoe-1.8.2b1.tar.bz2
> http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/tarballs/allmydata-tahoe-1.8.2b1.zip
>
> Please download a copy of the beta tarball and try to build it. I'm
> especially interested in hearing about experiences on windows! Also,
> once you've installed it (or done whatever sort of thing you usually
> do), try running "tahoe debug trial", which ought to run Tahoe's test
> suite even after you've installed it. Let us know how it works!
>
> We're still on track for a release on the 30th.
>
> Test away!
>  -Brian

I've just did my usual build and test, i prefer to run tahoe from
where i built it from usually, anyway here are the notes...

archlinux (updated to as of yesterday at some point), I had previously
installed tahoe from the AUR but it's a bit broken for 1.8.1 due to
twisted being too new (10.2 i think) and foolscap is too old (0.5), I
manually updated foolscap on my own archlinux system and all the tests
passed after i did the foolscap update.

osx 10.6.6 - with the stock python install (i removed macports from my
path), all the tests passes, since it just downloads all its own
dependancies.

winxp sp3 - with python27, mingw (and associated stuff etc, just
followed the wiki from a few months back) it all builds, downloads its
dependancies and the tests passed, though i have not used the windows
build for anything but simple testing as a client and not as a storage
node etc...

thanks,
jimmy.

--