[tahoe-dev] zsh completer

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Thu Jan 27 05:33:18 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-25 20:57, Chris Palmer wrote:
> Greg Troxel writes:
>
>>> What about zsh (and possibly other shells) completer for tahoe paths?
>>
>> My quick reaction is that reimplementing the filesystem within other
>> programs is a reaction to the bug that mounting tahoe into the filesystem
>> is not the standard approach.
>
> +1, ME TOO, ***** would buy from this poster again, liked it better than
> *Cats*

Are you sure you want path completion for a distributed filesystem? It's
going to be unusably slow. Path completion works well when you get the
completion within around 0.2 seconds, otherwise it is just annoying IMHO.

(Path completion for local paths passed to the tahoe command just works
already, if your shell supports it.)