[tahoe-dev] Tahoe 1.8.2 installation error on Window XP 32bit

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Thu Jun 9 19:12:21 UTC 2011

On 09/06/11 20:03, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
> On 06/06/11 09:08, Shu Lin wrote:
>> ImportError: No module named win32api
>
> You can work around this in either of two ways:
>
> 1. download and install pywin32 from
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build216/pywin32-216.win32-py2.6.exe/download>
>
> 2. download and install a later version of Twisted; I suggest 10.2 which is
> at
> <http://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/Twisted/10.2/Twisted-10.2.0.winxp32-py2.6.msi>

Here's a better fix, since it doesn't require you to manually install
anything. Edit src/allmydata/_auto_deps.py and change the line

    "Twisted >= 2.4.0",

    "Twisted >= 9.0.0",

(The comma is part of the line.)

Then repeat the installation from 'python setup.py build'.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥ http://davidsarah.livejournal.com