[tahoe-dev] how do I tell these Chinese people "You're doing it wrong!" ?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Wed Mar 9 04:55:46 UTC 2011

(carbon-copied to the p2p-hackers mailing list and the liberationtech
mailing lists)

Folks:

As previously discussed on these lists (e.g. on 2010-11-10), we at the
Tahoe-LAFS project have now posted a prominent tutorial on the
security properties of our architecture:

http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org/

Thanks to David Triendl, Yu Xue, David Andersen, Rujia Liu, Weihan
Wang, David-Sarah Hopwood, and Jonathan M.

I have (still) never had a successful two-way conversation with the
Chinese users that we originally noticed last year, so I don't know if
this warning label is still needed or if there are any Chinese people
using it. If you hear of any Chinese people using Tahoe-LAFS, please
let us know! :-)