[tahoe-dev] what's the plan for "tahoe.exe"?

Shu Lin linshu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 06:06:49 UTC 2011

David and Greg,

Thanks for your reply!

>From my understanding, the tahoe.exe is a way provided for the dummy users
(I am probably one of them :-) ), who don't need even run "python setup.py
build" or even don't need install python on their Windows.

I got this impression from original Zooko and Brain's posts (
http://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2011-January/005989.html). Did I
understand wrong? Or, 1.8.2 is not the release, I should expect it is in 1.9
release.

Thanks,
-Shu

The bin\tahoe.pyscript file created by 'python setup.py build' is executable,