[tahoe-dev] GlobalScale Technologies - Any known-to-work devices?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Mar 17 17:02:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net> wrote:

> Zooko mailed me a Sheevaplug last week for doing some crypto
> optimization work on. (On which an initial note remains half-written
> but will get sent to the list at some point).

Clarification: it was my idea, it was the Tahoe-LAFS Software
Foundation (nascent) which agreed to spend some of the money that
people have donated to buy you that device, and it was Peter Secor who
did the work of buying the device and shipping it to you.

> I believe at least one person has run Tahoe on ARM in the past. And
> Crypto++, which IIRC is the biggest (non-Python) piece of C/C++ in the
> Tahoe stack, seems to be functioning well on the ARMv5.

We even have a buildslave dedicated to testing it, triggered
automatically every time a patch is committed to trunk:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot/waterfall?builder=FranXois+lenny-armv5tel

Hm, I see that it hit a timeout when the RunNode test_introducer test
hadn't finished in 480 seconds. I wonder if it was making progress but
it legitimately took longer than 480 seconds or if it was hung. I kind
of doubt that legitimate progress on that (basic) test could take that
long. :-( So there appears to be a problem.

I'm pushing a patch which raises the timeout to 960 seconds...