[tahoe-dev] Use Tahoe as a real-time distributed file system?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Tue May 24 15:55:51 UTC 2011

Hello all:

I have been reading the Tahoe docs and am a bit confused.

I am looking for a distributed real-time filesystem.

Does Tahoe allow my to access it just like a regular
filesystem?  For example, do I cd to a directory and
list the files?

My network looks like this:

  Colo 1			Colo 2
Server 1			Server 5
Server 2			Server 6
Server 3			Server 7
Server 4			Server 8

Colo 1 and 2 are separated by a large distance.
The servers in each colo are on the same network.
All servers will be running CentOS.

Here is what I need:
1. Any server may create or modify a file
	and changes should be immediately available
	to the others.
2. I need to have no single points of failure.

Will Tahoe do this?
Any suggestions on how to deploy it in this scenario?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972)834-1565, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
Virtual private server with CentOS 5.5 preinstalled