[tahoe-dev] Use Tahoe as a real-time distributed file system?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed May 25 22:05:19 UTC 2011

"Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zooko at zooko.com> writes:

> But that doesn't mean that there is no high-quality integration into
> your local filesystem!

Certainly I don't mean to suggest that the sftp support isn't high
quality.  But I think it's premature to declare it a complete solution.
Specifically:

  1) As far as I can tell, one has to use a password, and it won't work
  via an authorized_keys file.  This makes it awkward.

  2) It seems one ends up listening on a port, on all addresses.
  Ideally, there would be no internet-listening socket involved.

  3) Setup is non-trivial, with accounts files and keys.  Ideally, one
  could just

    mount_tahoe /home/gdt/.tahoe-pubgrid:tahoe ~/tahoe-pubgrid

  and have it use the tahoe: alias, by virtual of CLI tools being able
  to read private/aliases.