[tahoe-dev] Please help with sshfs

Vladimir Arseniev vladimira at aport.ru
Sun Nov 20 22:55:59 UTC 2011

I'm running a test grid: seven storage/client nodes and an introducer.
They're all Ubuntu 10.10 x86 VirtualBox guests, with static leases from
a pfSense 2.0 guest.  I installed using allmydata-tahoe-1.9.0.zip on one
guest, cloned it (changing MACs) and then ran tahoe to create the nodes.

The grid seems to work via the web interface.  I even got drop_upload to
work.  But I'm stuck getting sshfs working.  I created ftp.accounts and
the ssh_host_rsa keys in ~/.tahoe/private, added ssh_host_rsa.pub to
~/.ssh/authorized_keys, and added the [sftpd] section to tahoe.cfg
(using defauls).  Although I can ssh and sftp to user at 127.0.0.1, with
sshfs I get the error "read: Connection reset by peer".  Perhaps I've
misunderstood the syntax.  I'm using "sshfs user at 127.0.0.1:
~/tahoe-pxh5r -o RekeyLimit=0".

Thank you.