[tahoe-dev] Please help with sshfs

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Tue Nov 22 05:58:10 UTC 2011

On 22/11/11 05:53, Vladimir Arseniev wrote:
> Thank you, François and David-Sarah.
>
> Looking in "twistd.log", I see a key problem.  Flailing about, I had
> uncommented ssh.port and ssh_authorized_keys_file in the [node] section
> of "tahoe.cfg".  That prevented tahoe from running, in that it was
> trying to connect twice to port 8022.
>
> Anyway, after more flailing about, I may be almost there.  While there
> are too many logs to post, two outcomes seem clear.  First, whenever I
> include "-o RekeyLimit=0", I get the error ...
>
> command-line line 0: RekeyLimit too small
> read: Connection reset by peer

Okay, you can probably remove the RekeyLimit option. I will look up
how to disable rekeying correctly.

> Second, I don't know what to use as "[dir]" in "sshfs [user@]host:[dir]
> mountpoint [options]".  Using "~/tahoe-pxh5r" as mount point, I've run
> "sshfs 127.0.0.1:[dir] ~/tahoe-pxh5r" with various "[dir]" values.
> Using "/home/user/test" for "[dir]", the command mounts "~/test" in
> "~/tahoe-pxh5r".

Do you have an SFTP server other than Tahoe running? Perhaps the port
being used by sshfs is wrong?

> With null "[dir]", it mounts the entire filesystem.
> Using my Tahoe directory's Storage Index or Directory writecap, the
> command fails with "No such file or directory".
>
> What do I use for "[dir]"?

The Tahoe SFTP server exposes the remote directory that you configure
in ftp.accounts as '/', and arbitrary Tahoe URIs as /uri/URI:.../

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥ http://davidsarah.livejournal.com