[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS Logo selection

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Mon Oct 17 18:56:50 UTC 2011

On 17/10/11 14:46, Ted Rolle Jr. wrote:
> rycee1: simple, elegant;

Reasons why I don't like rycee1:

 - the bottom line is not balanced left-to-right, i.e. there's too much blank
   space on the bottom right;

 - the font looks childlike, and I find it a bit ugly;

 - in the UK, the filled red circle is strongly associated with a charity
   telethon called "Comic Relief" or "Red Nose Day":
   <https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Comic_Relief>
   (notice the red circle replacing an 'o' in otherwise black text in
   Comic Relief's logo; the highlight is different but it's still too
   similar).

> sam1: cluttered, tries to convey too much internal information/symbology.
> The non-rectangular shape breaks the top-to-bottom symmetry.
> It is a stretch to coerce the symbol into an 'o'.

FWIW, I don't think that's a stretch (but I agree with zooko that the centre
circle should be more prominent).

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥ http://davidsarah.livejournal.com